Despite California’s continuous efforts to keep people safe, many people choose to ignore these traffic rules and carelessly manipulate the steering wheel. As a common result, these people end up suffering consequences or even cause injuries to others. The leading cause of death and injury in the United States is from car accidents. The more cars that are brought on the road means that there are more chances for drivers to be exposed to hazards and threats to their lives.
Did you know that every year there are 6 million traffic accidents in the United States? Of these 6 million accidents, 3 million injuries occur and 2 million of those accidents leave passengers in permanent partial paralysis. Auto accidents cause more than 40,000 deaths each year. When it comes to driving, every driver is bound to experience some kind of accident at some point. Whether it’s a small accident or a more serious accident, you should always be careful when driving.
Here are some useful tips for anyone who has been involved in a tragic car accident:
- Don’t be embarrassed.
- It is important to stay composed as much as possible in the event of a car accident. If you give in to the embarrassment, it’ll just end up interfering the whole situation.
- Report the accident to the police.
- Experienced drivers will always tell you to report your accident to the police no matter what. This is extremely helpful in the case that you want to sue the other party involved. Although in foreign countries, like Korea, drivers are not accustomed to reporting car accidents to the police, it is highly advised to do so in the United States. One of the lawyer’s first questions will be whether or not you called the police to report the accident.
- Do not discuss the accident with anyone other than the police at the scene of the accident.
- Being in an accident can cause trauma so you might not be able to think clearly and concisely. Therefore, do not speak to the police without asking a question first. Then, you can tell the police how you have been injured. Make sure to simplify your explanation and speak as clearly as possible. (If you have a contact accident at an intersection with a traffic light,
- Make sure you record all your facts.
- It is very important that you get as many facts about the accidents recorded. You must get the contact information and addresses of all the persons involved. In addition to their license plate number, you must also write down the vehicle registration number of the suspect’s vehicle. Also, make sure to get the vehicle’s insurance company. As the number of hit-and-run drivers continue to increase, make sure to record all the necessary information needed. Lastly, do not forget to write down the contact information of any witnesses at the scene of the accident as well.
- Seek advice from a reputable lawyer.
- Whether you file a lawsuit or not, there is a high possibility that you will be involved in a lawsuit. You can find about your rights by seeking a lawyer who will speak on your behalf in any type of legal situation.